At JDS Public School we strongly believe and it is our prime objective to inculcate the following in our teaching philosophy:
- • Learning must take place at home, in school and in the community.
- • Learning is an important aspect of each person’s existence
- • Learning is a lifelong process.
- • We must provide educational opportunities from school readiness through adult education.
- • Everyone is accountable for improving student achievement.
- • All students will learn when their individual needs are met.
- • Teaching all students how to learn is essential.
- • We must prepare all students for a knowledge-based, technologically rich and culturally diverse future.
- • We must provide a safe and secure environment, which is essential for teaching and learning.
- • Stakeholder involvement, which includes partnerships with parents, community, businesses and governmental agencies, which enhances student achievement.
- • We must treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
- • Stakeholder involvement and input are valuable tools for decision-making.
- • We must promote cultural diversity and the reinforcement of positive character education.
- • Responsible citizens are the foundation of a democratic society.